3-Ingredient Sausage-Cream Cheese Crescent Bundles
Each little bite is packed with flavor in these 3-ingredient sausage appetizers.
- ½ lb bulk hot pork sausage
- ½ cup spicy jalapeño cream cheese spread (from 8-oz container)
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls
1 Serving: Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 3 1/2g; (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 135mg; Potassium 20mg; Total Carbohydrate 5g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 1g; Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
- Unroll dough on work surface. Press into 12x9-inch rectangle. If using crescent roll dough, firmly press perforations to seal. With pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares.
- Place about 1 rounded teaspoon sausage on center of each dough square. Top with about 1 teaspoon cream cheese. Bring 4 corners together to overlap slightly in center at top of each bundle. Twist and pinch to seal, leaving small gaps between seams. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Garnish these sausage bites with a dollop of sour cream and a cilantro sprig.
- Too spicy? Substitute plain cream cheese or garden vegetable cream cheese spread for the spicy jalapeño cream cheese spread.