3D Christmas Tree Cookie Stacks
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 1-lb container)
- Candy sprinkles, if desired
- Powdered sugar, if desired
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 80 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 1g Cholesterol 20mg Sodium 150mg Total Carbohydrate 27g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g Protein 1g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choice 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Shape 3 (1/4-cup) balls from dough. Shape 3 more balls, using 3 level tablespoons dough for each. Place all 6 balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Meanwhile, shape 3 balls using 2 tablespoons dough for each ball. Shape 3 balls, 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place all 6 balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Continue with remaining dough to make 3 balls of each of the following diameters: 1 1/4 inches, 1 inch, 3/4 inch and 1/2 inch. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Heat frosting in microwavable bowl uncovered on High 30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds, until frosting can be stirred smooth and fluid. Each tree will be a stack of 8 different size cookies. To assemble 3 trees, stack cookies on serving platter, starting with largest size cookie on bottom, and stacking each smaller size cookie on top, spreading frosting between each layer. Drizzle remaining frosting over trees, and garnish with sprinkles. Sprinkle powdered sugar on platter to look like snow.