Apple Crescent Dumplings
Make short work of the classic fall treat with an easy crescent twist.
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 green apples (Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 1½ cups butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup (6 oz) lemon-lime carbonated beverage
1 Serving: Calories 650 (Calories from Fat 400); Total Fat 45g; (Saturated Fat 26g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 700mg; Potassium 85mg; Total Carbohydrate 59g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 39g; Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 9 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Separate 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls at perforations to make 16 triangles. Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices.
- Place 1 apple slice on shortest side of each dough triangle. Starting with shortest side of triangle, roll to opposite point enclosing apple slice; arrange in pan.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1½ cups melted butter, 1 cup packed light brown sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Pour mixture evenly over dumplings.
- Pour ¾ cup (6 oz) lemon-lime carbonated beverage in center and along edges of pan. (Do not pour on top of dumplings.)
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly baked. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve dumplings with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!
- Top apples with a few chocolate chips before rolling up for an extra sweet dessert!