Bacon Egg and Cheese Brunch Ring
This brunch, featuring flaky Pillsbury™ dough, looks fabulous and fancy but is as easy as can be!
- 4 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls or 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa, if desired
1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 15g; (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 110mg; Sodium 440mg; Potassium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 12g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 3g; Protein 10g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for Grands!™ crescents). Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat about 4 minutes or until cooked but not crisp, turning once. (It will continue to cook in oven.) Set bacon aside; drain all except 2 teaspoons bacon drippings from skillet.
- In medium bowl, beat 1/3 cup of the milk, the eggs, salt and pepper with fork or whisk until well mixed. Stir in bell pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As mixture heats, portions of eggs will begin to set. Gently push cooked portions with metal spatula to outside edge of skillet. Avoid stirring constantly. As more egg sets, push it to edge, and place it on top of the already set egg mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist.
- Meanwhile, unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. On parchment-lined cookie sheet, arrange triangles with shortest sides toward center, overlapping in star shape and leaving 4-inch round circle open in center (see diagram). Crescent dough points may hang over edge of cookie sheet. Press overlapping dough to flatten.
- Place bacon on each of the triangles. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the cheese onto widest part of dough. Spoon eggs over cheese. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the cheese. Pull points of triangles over eggs and cheese, and tuck under dough to form ring (filling will be visible). Carefully brush dough with remaining 1 tablespoon milk; sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes (18 to 23 minutes for Grands!™ crescents) or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. With broad spatula, carefully loosen ring from cookie sheet; slide onto serving platter. Garnish with cilantro and salsa.
- If you prefer, or if you can’t find the Mexican cheese blend, make your own. Mix 1/2 cup each shredded mozzarella, shredded provolone, shredded Cheddar and grated Parmesan cheeses.
- Garnish each serving with chopped tomato, cilantro, green onions, sour cream or salsa.
- Bacon grease is a mess. For easy cleanup, carefully pour it into a “bowl” made of foil, then fold in edges and toss once grease has cooled. More smart foil tips.
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ crescent dinner rolls come in Big & Buttery and Big & Flaky flavors; be sure to adjust temperature and time as indicated to prevent overbrowning.