Bacon-Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
Get ready to roll these easy party appetizers. Then get ready to receive lots of compliments.
- 6 oz Philadelphia® jalapeño cream cheese spread (3/4 cup from an 8-oz container)
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet
1 Serving: Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 4g; (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 115mg; Potassium 15mg; Total Carbohydrate 5g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 2g; Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix cream cheese and bacon until well blended; set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 4 (4x6-inch) rectangles, pressing perforations to seal. (If using dough sheet, unroll and cut into 4 rectangles.) Spread cream cheese mixture on each of the dough rectangles to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Starting with 1 short side, roll up rectangle; press seam to seal. Cut roll into 6 slices, and place slices cut side down on ungreased large cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough rectangles.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
- Cook bacon ahead to save time, or buy precooked bacon, which can be found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
- Jalapeño cream cheese spread can be found in the cream cheese section of the grocery store. If you have trouble finding it, substitute 6 oz regular cream cheese mixed with 2 teaspoons seeded and diced jalapeños.