Banh Mi Pork Tacos
Spicy, honey-glazed pork is wrapped in warm tortillas, topped with carrot daikon slaw, sriracha mayo and fresh toppings like jalapenos, cilantro and cucumber slices.
- Pork and Glaze
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb thinly sliced pork cutlets, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Plicked Slaw
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrots
- 1 cup julienne-cut daikon radish
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sriracha Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- Tortillas and Toppings
- 8 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch), heated as directed on package
- 2 jalapeño chiles, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 English (seedless) cucumber, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g, (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 45mg Sodium 630mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g, (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein15g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt; cook pork in oil until well caramelized and cooked through. Stir together 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, 2 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Drizzle over pork in skillet, stirring occasionally, until glaze is absorbed and caramelized on pork. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- In medium bowl, mix Pickled Slaw ingredients; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix Sriracha Mayonnaise ingredients. Divide pork among tortillas, and top each with slaw, using slotted spoon. Top with mayonnaise, chiles, cilantro and cucumber.
- Look for pork cutlets in the meat/butcher shop section of the supermarket; they typically are thinly sliced, tenderized pieces of loin meat. If you have trouble locating, simply buy a small piece of pork loin, slice thinly, and pound with a meat mallet until thin and tenderized.