Beef Bulgogi Korean Tacos
Make a taco truck favorite at home! Load up a soft tortilla with Korean BBQ beef, cilantro-lettuce slaw and fiery Sriracha salsa.
- Beef and Marinade
- 3 medium green onions, chopped
- 1/4 4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- Spicy Salsa
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Cilantro Slaw
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- Tortillas and Garnish
- 8 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos and fajitas (6 inch), heated as directed on package
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g, (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 500mg; Total Carbohydrate19g, (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 17g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix beef and marinade ingredients. Seal bag. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in blender, place spicy salsa ingredients. Cover; blend on medium speed until smooth. Pour into small bowl. Set aside. In large bowl, mix all slaw ingredients except lettuce until well mixed. Set aside.
- Drain beef; discard marinade. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in skillet 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown. Toss lettuce in slaw mixture
- Spoon beef on warm tortillas. Drizzle with spicy salsa, and top with slaw. Sprinkle tops with sesame seed.