Beer Battered Fish Tacos
Crispy taco shells filled with Mexican beer battered fish. Topped with shredded red cabbage, chimichurri alioli and fresh jalapenos.
- Chimichurri Alioli
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Crispy Fish Filling
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups Mexican beer
- 1 lb firm white fish fillets (such as cod)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Tortillas and Toppings
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 jalapeño chiles, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 23g, (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 650mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g, (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g), Protein14g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In food processor, place Chimichurri Alioli ingredients. Cover; process, using quick on-and-off motions, until smooth. Empty into bowl, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In deep fryer or heavy saucepan, heat at least 2 inches oil to 350°F. While oil is heating, mix flour and beer in medium bowl. Cut fish fillets into cubes. Dip cubes into batter, and fry fish in batches, about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Fill each taco shell with fish, cabbage, a dollop of alioli and chiles. Serve with lime wedges.
- For a fun variation, try substituting Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for the Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells.
- Your family will love this Chimichurri Alioli. If you have any left, cover and refrigerate to use later with fish, meat and veggies.