Beer Beef Tacos
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 Old El Paso™ Stand n' Stuff™ taco dinner kit
- 2/3 cup Dos Equis™ lager beer
- 1 cup (from 8-oz bag) Kraft™ Mexican style shredded four cheese blend with a touch of Philadelphia
- 1 Avocados from Mexico™, pitted, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup (from 16-oz container) Breakstone's™ sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 Taco: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Sodium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 11g
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix (from dinner kit) and beer. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat shells (from dinner kit) as directed on package. Divide beef among heated shells; top with cheese, avocado, sour cream, taco sauce (from dinner kit) and cilantro.
- To dice avocado, cut in half and remove pit. Using large spoon, scoop flesh from skin. Place one half avocado cut side down on cutting board. Make two horizontal cuts to make three planks, then cut lengthwise into strips. Turn 90 degrees, and cut again. Repeat with other half of avocado.
- Include other toppings, such as sliced jalapeño or sliced green onions, as desired.