- 2 loaves Italian bread (or French bread), diagonally cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 jar Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- Bruschetta Toppings (see below)
- • Sliced fresh mozzarella with chopped fresh basil
- • Sautéed sliced Portobello mushrooms and fresh basil
- • Sliced fresh mozzarella with prosciutto and fresh basil
- • Sliced cooked chicken, feta cheese, olives and fresh thyme
- • Sliced fresh mozzarella with sliced or chopped roasted red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes and chopped fresh basil
1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 410mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g, Sugar 3g, (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 7g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 15%; Iron 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Broil bread slices until golden in preheated oven; rub with garlic, then brush with Olive Oil.
- Evenly spoon unheated Sauce over bread, then top with your favorite Bruschetta Toppings and enjoy!