Bold Nacho Ten Minute Tacos
These tacos will disappear from your table quickly; they have the perfect zip and cheesiness that everyone will devour at your next dinner.
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 93%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 8 Old El Paso Stand ‘N Stuff™ bold nacho cheese flavored taco shells
- Make it FRESH toppings, if desired (see directions)
1 Taco: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 470mg; Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g); Protein 12g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 0%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 0 Starch, 0 Fruit, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 0 Skim Milk, 0 Low-Fat Milk, 0 Milk, 0 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 0 Lean Meat, 0 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and green chiles. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until beef is thoroughly cooked and seasoning is well combined.
- While beef is cooking, heat shells and assemble toppings. Divide beef mixture among shells; finish with desired fresh toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: sliced jalapenos, Sriracha sauce, shredded lettuce, *Avocado Cream, crumbled queso fresco cheese. *To make Avocado Cream, in food processor, place 1 peeled, pitted Avocados From Mexico avocado, ½ cup sour cream and 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice. Cover; process until combined for a delicious topping.