Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring
Serve up a classic Buffalo chicken appetizer with a crescent twist on Game Day!
- 4 oz cream cheese (half of 8-oz package), softened
- ¼ cup hot sauce or red pepper sauce
- 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 Serving: Calories 200; Calories from Fat 110; Total Fat 12g; (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 420mg; Potassium 80mg; Total Carbohydrate 12g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 3g; Protein 11g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 8%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix cream cheese and hot sauce until smooth. Mix in chicken and shredded cheese just until combined.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange triangles in ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch circle in center. Dough will overlap. Dough ring should look like a sun.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on the half of each triangle closest to center of ring. Top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Bring each dough triangle up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.
- Add a bit of fresh to your appetizer; serve with celery and carrot sticks and a side of blue cheese dressing.
- You can use leftover cut-up cooked chicken, or pick up a deli rotisserie chicken at the supermarket. Remove chicken from bones, and cut into bite-size pieces.