You’re just a hop away from making deliciously sweet bunny cupcakes. Cake mix and ready-to-spread frosting make it extra easy.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Favorites yellow or white cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs or egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 2 containers Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 5 large marshmallows
- Pink food color
- Pink sugar
- Candy decorations and sprinkles, as desired
Serving Size: 1 Cupcake (Cake and Frosting Only) Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 12g: (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 24g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Stir a few drops pink food color into 1 container of frosting. Frost cupcakes with pink frosting.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful white frosting on center of each cupcake. To make ears, cut each large marshmallow crosswise into 5 pieces with kitchen scissors. Using scissors, cut through center of each marshmallow piece to within 1/4 inch of edge. Separate to look like bunny ears; press 1 side of cut edges into pink sugar, flattening slightly. Arrange on each of the white frosting mounds as shown. Use candy decorations and sprinkles to make eyes, nose and whiskers as shown. Store loosely covered.
- If you have only one pan and recipe calls for more cupcakes than your pan will make, cover and refrigerate the rest of the batter while baking the first batch. Cool the pan about 15 minutes, then bake the rest of the batter, adding 1 to 2 minutes to the bake time.