Bush’s Best Three Bean Chili
This hearty meal uses our Dark Red Kidney, Pinto and Black Beans. The cinnamon flavor gives this recipe a sweet kick.
- 2 cans (15 oz) Bush's® Black Beans
- 1 can (16 oz) Bush's® Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can (16 oz) Bush's® Pinto Beans
- 2 lbs lean ground round beef
- 3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- cinnamon, to taste
1 Serving: Calories 468; Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4g); Cholesterol 44mg; Sodium 1884mg; Total Carbohydrate 60g, Sugar 7g, (Dietary Fiber 19g); Protein 33g; Potassium 493mg;
- Brown ground beef in heavy Dutch oven or soup pot.
- Add chili powder and mix well. Add onion and pepper to meat and cook for 2 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream.