Caprese Chicken and Orzo Skillet
Everyone’s favorite Italian summer salad of tomatoes and mozzarella takes over the skillet! Throw in chicken and orzo, and in no time, your Caprese is transformed into a fresh and filling dinner.
- 4 Publix GreenWise boneless skinless chicken breasts (1¼ lb)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked orzo or rosamarina pasta
- 1 package (8 oz) fresh mozzarella pearls, drained
- ¼ cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Rub chicken with ½ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add broth, tomatoes and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; heat to boiling. Stir in pasta; return to boiling. Place chicken over pasta. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 12 to 16 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed, pasta is tender and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Top mixture with mozzarella pearls; cover, and continue to cook over medium-low heat 2 to 4 minutes or until mozzarella slightly melts. Sprinkle with basil