Caramel-Drizzled Pumpkin Poke Cake
Irresistibly moist pumpkin cake! Pockets of fudgy topping. Caramel drizzles. Yum.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (from 15-oz can) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 jar (about 12 oz) hot fudge topping
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla or Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 2/3 cup (from a 12 oz jar) caramel topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1 Serving: Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 310mg; Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 36g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 40%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350 °F (325 °F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan. Bake 26 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Immediately poke cake every inch with handle of wooden spoon halfway into cake; cool 5 minutes. Place hot fudge topping in quart-size resealable bag. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze hot fudge into holes in cake. Repeat as necessary to use all topping.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Drop frosting by spoonfuls onto cake; spread evenly.
- Just before serving, heat caramel sauce as directed on jar; drizzle a heaping teaspoon over each serving of cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
- To toast pecans, heat oven to 350 °F. Spread pecans in ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown.
- For a gooey caramel pumpkin cake, try hot caramel topping instead of hot fudge.