Chicken and Avocado Mini Taco Boats
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 breasts), cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ mini flour tortilla taco boats (12 boats)
- 2 Avocados from Mexico® avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
1 Serving: Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 15g; (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60 mg; Sodium 520mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g; (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 0g), Protein 23g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, heat boats as directed on package. Divide chicken mixture evenly among boats. Top with avocado and FRESH toppings.
- Make it FRESH toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomato, shredded Kraft® cheese, Breakstone’s® sour cream.
- One package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the original taco seasoning mix.