Chicken and Avocado Ten Minute Taco Boats
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.25 lbs), cut into very small thin strips
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El PasoTM taco seasoning mix
- 8 Old EL PasoTM Taco BoatsTM Soft Flour Tortillas
- 2 Avocados from MexicoTM avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
- Make it FRESH toppings, if desired
These taco ‘boats’ are sure to be the next family favorite; even better, they come together in record time!
1 serving 1 Taco Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 2 ½ g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 480mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 0g), Protein 18g; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%; Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Milk Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on both sides. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- While chicken is cooking, heat shells and prepare toppings. Divide chicken among shells; add avocado and other desired toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomato, shredded cheese and sour cream.