Chicken Black Bean Tacos
Enjoy these easy chicken black bean tacos with a sweet and spicy salsa.
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt's® diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) Ro*Tel® diced tomatoes and green chiles (Fire Roasted, Original, or Mild), drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- 1 can (16 oz) Bush's Cocina Latina® Frijoles Negros Machacados (black beans)
- 1 box (9.4 oz) Old El Paso™ hard and soft taco dinner kit (Stand `n Stuff™ & Taco Boats™)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup Wish-Bone® E.V.O.O. Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
- 1 cup Kraft® shredded Mexican style four cheese blend (4 oz)
1 Taco: Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 1170mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 2g); Protein 19g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 45%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Lean Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
- In medium bowl, mix Salsa ingredients until well blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook beans with taco sauce from taco kit over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken with taco seasoning from tack kit and water as directed on box over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through and liquid is absorbed.
- Heat tacos and tortillas as directed on box.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss romaine lettuce and dressing until well coated.
- Fill each taco shell or tortilla with equal amounts of the black bean mixture, romaine lettuce, chicken and cheese. Serve with salsa. Serve immediately.