Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Reinvent your boring quesadilla with a grown-up spin! Flour tortillas get filled with chicken, fajita veggies and pepper jack for a melty weeknight dinner the whole family will love.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 package (11.5 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas, 8 inch)
- 2 package (11.5 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas, 8 inch)
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, sliced
1 Serving: Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 210); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 960mg; Potassium 320mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Sugars 5g; Protein 23g
Daily Value Percentages: Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15%
1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat;
- In small bowl, mix lime juice and taco seasoning mix; pour into gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag. Place chicken in bag; seal. Shake chicken until evenly coated.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Transfer vegetables to bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to same skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Transfer to bowl with vegetables. Stir to combine. Wipe skillet clean with paper towels.
- On half of each tortilla, layer 1/4 cup of the cheese and slightly less than 1/2 cup of the chicken and vegetable mixture. Fold tortillas in half. Brush top of each quesadilla with about 1/2 teaspoon of the oil.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas in skillet, oil side down; brush top side with about 1/2 teaspoon of the oil. Cook about 1 minute or until light golden brown.
- Carefully turn quesadilla; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla in half; serve with salsa, sour cream and avocado.
- If you like your quesadilla spicy, finely chop a serrano chile, and sauté with the vegetables.