Light and crunchy Italian-style chicken breasts partnered with a salad can be on your dinner table in 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tightly packed baby spinach or arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Progresso™ Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs or Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled tomato-basil feta cheese
Calories 450, Calories from Fat 220, Total Fat 24g, Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 150mg, Sodium 830mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g, Protein 37g, % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choice 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- In medium bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Stir in salad ingredients to coat.
- Between pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 3/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- On separate plates, place flour and bread crumbs. In bowl, beat egg with fork. Coat chicken with flour. Dip into egg; coat well with bread crumbs.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170 °F) and coating is golden brown. Serve chicken topped with salad and sprinkled with cheese.