Chicken Ranch Tacos
Put a creative spin on traditional tacos with this terrific, tangy chicken-ranch recipe.
- 1 box (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand 'n Stuff™ taco shells (10 shells)
- 3 cups cut-up deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 ½ cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup shredded Kraft® Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium), if desired
- Salsa, if desired
- Additional ranch dressing, if desired
1 Serving: Calories 500; (Calories from Fat 290), Total Fat 32g; (Saturated Fat 9g; Trans Fat 2 1/2g), Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 1500mg; Potassium 390mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 3g), Protein 31g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Heat taco shells in oven as directed on box.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, place chicken. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix; toss gently to coat. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Stir in 1/2 cup dressing.
- Spoon warm chicken mixture into heated taco shells. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and onions. Drizzle with salsa and additional dressing.
- Instead of rotisserie chicken, use any diced cooked chicken.
- Offer additional taco toppings such as olives and sour cream.