Chipotle Pork Tacos
Enjoy this stress-free, slow-cooked taco dinner made with Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix.
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 lb)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 jar (16 oz) black bean salsa
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cubes chipotle bouillon mini cubes, crushed
- 1 bottle (12 oz) beer
- 1 package (32 oz) 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 package (16 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 8 limes, quartered
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce or cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro sprigs
Calories 670 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 23g, (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 1040mg; Total Carbohydrate 65g, (Dietary Fiber 12g, Sugars 6g), Protein 48g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 40%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 4 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 5 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Rub taco seasoning over pork. Place pork in 5-quart slow cooker; add salsa and beans. Sprinkle with bouillon. Pour beer over pork.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Cool pork slightly. With 2 forks, shred pork, place is medium serving bowl. Into a 4-cup glass measuring cup, strain sauce through strainer to remove beans. Stir 2 cups sauce and black beans into shredded pork.
- Serve pork and beans with platters or bowls of warmed tortillas, shredded cheese, chopped onion, lime pieces, shredded lettuce, and cilantro sprigs.