Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
All dressed up and ready to party! Chocolate chip cookies are dipped in chocolate and topped with holiday sprinkles for an easy treat at any holiday occasion.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
- 1 cup Hershey's™ premier white baking chips
- 1 cup Hershey's™ semi-sweet or Special Dark™ chocolate chips
- Assorted candy sprinkles or hard candies, crushed
Serving Size: 1 Cookie (Undecorated)
Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g; (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 90mg; Potassium 20mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g; (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 15g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Make cookies as directed on pouch; cool completely.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave white baking chips uncovered on Medium (50%) 60 to 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. Take half of the cookies, and carefully dip each cookie halfway into melted chips; wipe off excess. Place on cooking parchment paper-lined tray; sprinkle with desired candies.
- Repeat melting and dipping steps with semi-sweet or Special Dark™ chocolate chips and remaining cookies. Let stand until coating is firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- If using 21-oz pouch Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix, use 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water. Makes 42 cookies.
- If desired, spoon melted chips into small resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off tiny corner from 1 end of bag, and squeeze to drizzle onto cookies. Sprinkle with desired candies; shake off excess.
- Make 'em extra-fancy! Use pull-and-peel licorice, sliced gumdrops or other candies to add holiday sparkle.