Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix and Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix come together for these delicious and easy-to-make treats.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy frosting, any flavor
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter and 1 egg. Refrigerate.
- Make cake mix batter as directed on box, using remaining 3 eggs, the oil and water.
- Remove cookie dough from refrigerator. Press 1 tablespoon cookie dough in bottom of each muffin cup. Top each with 2 tablespoons cake batter. Drop a couple extra tablespoons of cookie dough on ungreased small cookie sheet for topping.
- Bake cupcakes 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Bake cookies with cupcakes during last 10 minutes of cupcake baking time. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups and cookies from cookie sheet to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting. Top each with crumbled baked cookies.
- My secret weapons for this recipe were 1-inch and 2-inch metal scoops. I used the 1-inch for the cookie dough and the 2-inch for the cake batter. Perfect amounts!
- These would work great with any flavor of Betty Crocker cookie mix!