Chocolate Chip Reindeer Cookies
Bake a batch of these frosted Betty Crocker® chocolate chip mix Rudolphs for dessert. Even Santa won’t be able to resist these cute reindeer cookies on Christmas Eve.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 tablespoon Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 pouches (7 oz each) Betty Crocker™ Decorating Cookie Icing chocolate icing
- 32 candy eyes
- 16 small round chocolate-covered creamy mints
- 1 pouch (7 oz) Betty Crocker™ Decorating Cookie Icing white icing
- In large bowl, beat cookie mix, flour, butter and egg with electric mixer on low speed just until blended. Shape into ball. Flatten dough to 1/2-inch thickness; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 3 hours or until very firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unwrap dough; on well-floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with floured 3 1/2-inch gingerbread boy cookie cutter. On ungreased cookie sheets, place cutouts 2 inches apart. Refrigerate on cookie sheets 10 minutes. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Turn each cookie upside down to look like reindeer face. Outline cookie with chocolate icing; fill in and spread icing with toothpick. Attach candy eyes and mint for nose. Decorate with white icing to look like antlers. Let stand until set.