Chocolate Pie Cookie Cups
A mini spin on classic chocolate pie—but there’s nothing small about the chocolate flavor! These impressively cute treats are made easy with a filling of chocolate-enhanced Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy frosting and a cookie cup made with Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 16-oz container)
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme (from 7-oz container)
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, if desired
1 Cookie Cup Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 100mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 15g); Protein 0g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 36 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls, about 2 teaspoons each; press 1 ball into each mini muffin cup.
- Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately press indentation into center of each cookie cup with handle of wooden spoon. Cool 10 minutes in pan on cooling rack. Run metal spatula around edge of each cookie cup to loosen; cool in pan 20 minutes. Remove cookies from muffin cups to cooling rack.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave 1/2 cup chocolate chips uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until melted and stirred smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the frosting and the marshmallow creme, mixing well. Spoon frosting mixture into large resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut tip from one corner of bag. Immediately pipe about 2 teaspoons frosting mixture into center of each cookie cup.
- Spoon remaining 1/4 cup frosting into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut tip from one corner of bag. Pipe small amount onto frosting mixture in cookie cups. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
- Store cookie cups at room temperature in covered container.
- Filling mixture will set up as it stands, so be sure to fill the cookie cups immediately and sprinkle with chocolate chips right away for best results.