Classic Margherita Pizza
Traditional Italian Margherita pizza is easy as pie when you make it on our delicious Pillsbury’s Best™ refrigerated classic crust pizza dough.
- 1 package Pillsbury’s Best™ refrigerated classic crust pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup Muir Glen™ organic crushed tomatoes (from 14.5-oz can)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, patted dry
- ½ cup small fresh basil leaves
1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g; (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 590mg; Potassium 10mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g; (Dietary Fiber 1g); Sugars 2g; Protein 13g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 25%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place oven rack in low position. Unroll dough with oven-safe parchment paper onto ungreased large cookie sheet (dough bakes on paper). Brush with olive oil. Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top crust with tomatoes and garlic. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 13 to 18 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Top with basil.
- Seek out smaller basil leaves for this recipe. If your basil leaves are larger, chop or thinly slice them before placing on pizza.
- For extra flavor and a beautiful garnish, drizzle with more olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.