Coconut Curry Chicken Tacos
Grilled tortillas filled with coconut curry chicken, green apple and Thai basil. Topped with mango chile sauce and crunchy peanuts.
- Chicken Curry Filling
- 1 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 lb uncooked chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
- Mango Sauce
- 1 ripe medium mango, seed removed, peeled
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon red curry paste
- Thai Fresh Salsa
- 1 Granny Smith apple, julienned
- 1/4 cup torn fresh Thai basil leaves
- Tortillas and Toppings
- 8 Old El Paso™ tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch)
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g, (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g, (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 9g), Protein 16g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix coconut milk and 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons red curry paste until well blended. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture in separate container for brushing on chicken when grilling. Add chicken to bag; toss to coat. Refrigerate about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in blender or food processor, place Mango Sauce ingredients. Cover; blend on high until smooth. Place in bowl until ready to serve. Place Thai Fresh Salsa ingredients in separate bowl.
- Drain chicken, keeping as much marinade as possible on meat. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cook chicken 5 to 8 minutes on each side until cooked through, brushing with reserved coconut milk mixture halfway through cooking. Heat tortillas on grill.
- Cut chicken into thin strips. Fill tortillas with chicken, salsa, sauce and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
- Grilling is a great way to warm up tortillas, especially in the warm weather months when the grill is in frequent use. Just be sure to watch them and flip quickly over the cooler part of the grill; then you are ready to stuff with delicious toppings!