Festive cookie wreaths are quick and easy to make with the help of Betty Crocker cookie mix, leaving you more time to decorate and celebrate.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
- Assorted gel food colors*, if desired
- Assorted candy sprinkles and candies, if desired
Serving Size: 1 Doughnut Cookie and Cookie Center
1 Serving: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g; (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 130mg; Potassium 65mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 4g; Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat;*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 24 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool 3 minutes; use 1-inch round cookie cutter to cut out center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. Divide among small bowls, and stir in food color(s) as desired. Dip top of each cookie wreath and cookie center into melted chips. Decorate with candy sprinkles as desired. Place on cooling rack until set, about 20 minutes. Store tightly covered.
- Liquid food color is not recommended for this recipe.