Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
Make monkey bread with cinnamon rolls for a treat that’s 3-ingredient easy.
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 2 cans (17.5 oz each) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Supreme refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- ¼ cup butter, cut into pieces
1 Serving: Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 210); Total Fat 24g; (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 540mg; Potassium 25mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 17g; Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 4 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- Cut block of cream cheese into 24 equal-sized cubes. (Start by first halving block so that you have 2 thin pieces, and then cut each thin half into 12 equal squares.)
- Set aside icing from cinnamon rolls. Separate each can of dough into 5 rolls; unroll each roll, and cut each in half.
- Take a section of dough and fold it over so you have a rectangle shape that is 1 layer of dough thick. Place a square of cream cheese in the dough; fold over the dough, and gently crimp it around the cream cheese. Repeat with remaining dough pieces.
- Place cream cheese-filled dough balls in pan. Place butter pieces on top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown across top. Cool 10 minutes; run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Place heatproof serving plate over pan and turn over; remove pan. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Drizzle reserved icing over top of bread, allowing some to drizzle down side. Pull apart to serve; serve warm.
- Although monkey bread is best served fresh and warm, it can be reheated the next day in a 200°F oven or in the microwave.
- For an even sweeter monkey bread, roll each square of cream cheese in brown sugar before rolling into dough.