Creamy Cauliflower Mash
Once you try this deliciously creamy mashed cauliflower, you’ll wonder why you ever bothered with potatoes.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 7 to 8 cups cauliflower florets (about 2 medium cauliflower heads)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 container (5.3 oz) YQ by Yoplait™ Plain (2/3 cup)
1 Serving: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 450mg; Potassium 570mg; Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 4g); Protein 8g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 80%; Calcium 8%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower, salt and pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tops of florets are soft.
- Add water; heat to simmering over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower stems are very tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in YQ; blend with potato masher or electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
- To save some time, use 3 (10-oz) bags of cauliflower florets instead of using heads of cauliflower.
- Mashed cauliflower will never be as smooth as mashed potatoes, so don’t fret if you still have a few lumps.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Plain in the larger 26 oz container.