Crescent rolls update the popular “pig-in-blanket” concept, along with a yummy surprise: melted cheese in each frank.
- 8 Oscar Mayer® hot dogs
- 4 slices (3/4 oz each) American cheese, each cut into 6 strips
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 Serving: Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 23g; (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 810mg; Potassium 60mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 4g; Protein 9g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends; insert 3 strips of cheese into each slit.
- Separate dough into triangles. Wrap dough triangle around each hot dog. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up.
- Bake at 375°F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Substitution: If using Pillsbury® Big & Flaky large refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, use large hot dogs and bake at 350°F. for 16 to 20 minutes.