Mummify your hot dogs Pillsbury Crescents or use Pillsbury Cornbread Swirls to make corndog mummy dogs. It’s a fun and easy recipe perfect for Halloween.
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 2 1/2 slices American cheese, quartered (2.5 oz)
- 10 Oscar Mayer™ hot dogs
- Cooking spray
- Mustard, if desired
- Ketchup, if desired
Wrap up a hot dog in true mummy fashion in this fun Halloween take on classic Crescent Dogs.
Serving Size: 1 serving Calories 330, % Daily Value Total Fat 27g 42% (Saturated Fat 11g 56%, Trans Fat 11/2g), Cholesterol 50mg 16%, Sodium 1110mg 46%, Total Carbohydrate 11g 4%, (Dietary Fiber 0g 0%), Protein 11g 11%; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 6%; Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
- With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
- Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate "bandages" so hot dog shows through for "face." On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down); spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard, draw features on "face."