Wrap a wheel of crowd-favorite brie cheese in crescent dough for the easiest (and most delicious) party appetizer you’ll ever make during the holidays. The combination of melty cheese and flaky pastry is one even the picky eaters can’t turn down.
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 round (8 oz) Brie cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
1 Serving: Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g; (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 270mg; Potassium 35mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 1g; Protein 5g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut crosswise into 2 rectangles. Pat dough to form 2 squares.
- Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet. Place cheese on center of dough. With small cookie or canapé cutter, cut 1 shape from each corner of remaining square; set cutouts aside.
- Place remaining square on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely. Brush with beaten egg. Top with cutouts; brush with additional beaten egg.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- If using Pillsbury® Big & Flaky large refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, unroll dough and press into 1 rectangle, sealing perforations. Cut in half, forming 2 squares. Continue as directed--except add 8 to 10 minutes to bake time.