Easter Egg Cookies
Use refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough for a sweetly simple Easter treat. These frosting designs are too cute and perfectly customizable, so you can make the designs your own.
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 container (12 oz) fluffy white frosting
- Gel food colors
- Green-colored sour candy separated into strips
- Candy-coated chocolate candies
- Small jelly beans
- Black and yellow candy sprinkles
- Orange candy slices
1 Frosted Cookie (Undecorated) Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 80mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 16g); Protein 0g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in 1/4 cup of the flour until well blended. (DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER COMBINING WITH FLOUR.) Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon flour onto work surface; coat all sides of dough with flour. With rolling pin, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick, adding additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- With floured 3-inch egg-shaped cookie cutter, cut out eggs. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Frost and decorate. Marbled eggs In small bowl, stir 1/4 cup frosting and 1 to 2 drops favorite gel food color until well blended. Frost cookies with contrasting colored frosting. Pipe three lines colored frosting onto each egg; using toothpick pull through frosting for marbled appearance. Candy designs Frost cookies. Decorate with candy strips, jelly beans or candy-coated chocolate candies. Easter chicks In small bowl, stir 1 1/4 cups frosting and 2 to 3 drops yellow food color until well blended. Frost top half of each cookie with yellow frosting and bottom half with white frosting. To decorate, use black sprinkles for eyes, yellow sprinkles or for feathers and pieces of orange candy slices for beak and feet.