Easy Beef Nachos
It’s not a Cinco de Mayo celebration without a big helping of nachos! Try this recipe and get your fiesta started.
- 5 cups tortilla chips
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (at least 93%)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped (2/3 cups)
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 cups finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz)
1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 150); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 590mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g); Protein 19g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 20%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 0 Fruit, 0 Other Carbohydrate, 0 Skim Milk, 0 Low-Fat Milk, 0 Milk, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Very Lean Meat, 0 Lean Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12-inch pizza pan or 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Spread half of chips evenly on pan. Set aside.
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and green chiles. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until beef is thoroughly cooked and seasoning is well combined.
- Arrange half of beef mixture on chips. Top with half of other toppings. Repeat layers ending with cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add additional FRESH toppings if desired.
- Make it FRESH toppings: add a dollop of sour cream, and diced Avocados From Mexico® avocados after removing nachos from oven for a fresh twist.