Easy Chocolate Sugar Cookie Crinkles
Give sugar cookie crinkles a chocolate boost by adding cocoa to sugar cookie dough, then roll in powdered sugar for the classic crinkle wrinkles.
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3 1/2g; (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 60mg; Potassium 20mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g; (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix cookie mix, cocoa, softened butter, water and egg with spoon until soft dough forms.
- Shape into 36 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookies sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until tops are cracked and edges are set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- When baking batches of cookies, use completely cooled cookie sheets. Cookies will spread too much if put on a hot or warm cookie sheet.
- If using 20% more cookie mix (21 oz size), increase water to 3 tablespoons. Makes 44 cookies.