Easy Taco Queso Dip
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El PasoTM taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (8 oz) plus ½ package (4 oz) cream cheese, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1½ cup chunky salsa (from 15.5-oz jar)
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) Old El PasoTM chopped green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8oz).
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired
- Tortilla chips, as desired
This quick and easy dip will be your family’s new favorite with cheesy goodness, taco meat and salsa.
1 serving Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 2g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 3g; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 0%; Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; ½ Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; ½ Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 0
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix; stir.
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat cream cheese and salsa over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is lump-free. Stir in chiles, cheese and beef; continue cooking about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and mixture is hot. Serve immediately with Make it FRESH toppings and chips.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: diced tomatoes, green onion, fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
- Use Mexican blend or Colby Jack cheese in place of the Cheddar.