Take a bite of these spruced-up snickerdoodles, and you’ll get all that signature cinnamon-sugar flavor—and then some! It turns out the defining flavors of eggnog—nutmeg and rum—play perfectly in warmly spiced snickerdoodles. For the icing on top, there’s a vanilla-chip dip, which, like milk to a cookie, adds just the right creamy contrast. So, add a little luster to your cookie tray with this treat that’s as pretty as new-fallen snow!
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch for drop cookies
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 2/3 cups white vanilla baking chips
1 Cookie Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 80mg; Potassium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 12g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix, softened butter, egg, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and the rum extract with spoon until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 36 (1 1/4-inch) balls. In small bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and remaining 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Roll balls in sugar-spice mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Discard sugar-spice mixture after rolling balls.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on Medium (50% power) 60 seconds. Stir; continue to microwave in 15-second increments until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Working with one cookie at a time, dip halfway into melted chips; gently shake off excess. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining cookies. If chips have cooled too much, reheat. Let stand 30 minutes or until set. Store covered in airtight container.
- No rum extract? Replace with vanilla extract.
- For best results, bake cookies on the middle oven rack. For even baking, it’s best to bake one sheet at a time.
- Microwave ovens vary, so watch carefully when melting white vanilla baking chips to avoid burning.
- Using a cookie scoop makes quick work of shaping the cookie dough. It also ensures cookies will be the same size and will bake the same length of time.