French Silk Chocolate Pie
This simplified version of classic French Silk Chocolate Pie from the Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest is rich, indulgent and every chocolate lover’s dream dessert. For pretty presentation, top with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate curls.
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 3 oz Hershey's® unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 pasteurized eggs
- ½ cup sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate curls, if desired
1 Serving: Calories 430(Calories from Fat 270); Total Fat 30g; (Saturated Fat 18g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 135mg; Sodium 260mg; Potassium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g; (Dietary Fiber 1g); Sugars 21g; Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 5 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat; cool. In small bowl with electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled chocolate and vanilla until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating on high speed 2 minutes after each addition; beat until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Pour into cooled baked shell. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- Use of pasteurized eggs eliminates food safety concerns and allows you to enjoy this Bake-Off® Contest favorite.
- How to make chocolate curls: Chill a bar of good quality chocolate in the refrigerator for a few hours. Then, holding the bar of chocolate in one hand, use a vegetable peeler to shave along the length of the bar to make pretty curls.