Glazed Almond Sugar Cookies
Need a new holiday cookie? Whip up this tasty sugar cookie with loads of almond flavoring.
- Reynolds™ Parchment Paper
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup chopped slivered almonds
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 to 7 teaspoons half and half or milk
- 1/3 cup almond slices, toasted if desired
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g; (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 55mg; Potassium 25mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g; (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 11g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Make cookie dough by blending cookie mix, butter, almonds, extract and egg until soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into about 40 (1-inch) balls. Place about 2 inches apart on Reynolds Parchment Paper lined cookie sheets. Bake at 375°F 7 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool; place cookies on cooling racks. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon extract and just enough milk until glaze is spreadable but thick. Spread glaze onto each cookie; top with 3 almond slices.
- Place food directly on Reynolds® Parchment Paper and bake as directed. Treats will bake evenly and release from paper with ease. Plus, because you're baking right on the paper, clean-up is a breeze.
- To toast almond slices, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 5 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown.