Gluten-Free Chex Cereal Treat Bars
This is a great new twist on popular crispy rice cereal bars.
Wrap them individually in plastic for easy toting.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bag (10 oz) large marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
Serving Size: 1 Bar; Calories 130(Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4g 6%(Saturated Fat 1g 4%, Trans Fat0g); Cholesterol 0mg 0%; Sodium 170mg 7%; Potassium 25mg 1%; Total Carbohydrate 23g 8%
(Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Sugars 10g) Protein 1g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add cereal; mix well. Using waxed paper or spatula sprayed with cooking spray, press mixture evenly into baking dish. Cool 15 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows.