Green Chile Creamy Chicken Taco Boats
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 4 oz plain cream cheese
- 8 Old El Paso™ Taco Boats™ Soft Flour Tortillas
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 630mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 1g), Protein 18g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Cover with tomatoes, taco seasoning mix and chiles. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 1/2 hours or on Low heat setting 7 hours. Shred chicken. Place cream cheese over chicken. Cover; cook 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas and prepare toppings. Stir chicken mixture; portion into tortillas, and serve with toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: pickled red onion, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro leaves.