Ham Florentine Mini – Cups
Before pasta sauce was invented, pasta was seen as finger food! No forks needed as the sauce-less pasta was eaten by hand.
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant™ frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/3 cup garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) shredded 5-cheese or 6-cheese Italian cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano or regular Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot or onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 whole, thin slices (about 4 inch diameter) smoked ham (from two 9-oz packages)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, if desired
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
A stunning appetizer will add a “Wow” to your next get-together.
1 Serving: (1 appetizer) Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4 1/2g 7%; (Saturated Fat 2g 11%; Trans Fat 1/2g;), Cholesterol 10mg 4%; Sodium 260mg 11%; Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%; (Dietary Fiber 1g 0%; Sugars 0g 0%), Protein 4g 4%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except dough, ham and Parmesan cheese until well blended. Set aside.
- Unroll dough. Separate or cut dough into 4 rectangles (if using crescent dough, press perforations to seal). Cut each rectangle into 6 (2-inch) squares. Press 1 square in bottom and up side of each of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups.
- Pat each ham slice dry with paper towel. Place 1 ham slice over dough in each cup (edges of ham will be higher than side of cup.) Spoon rounded 1 teaspoon spinach mixture onto ham in center of each cup.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is hot. To prevent excessive browning of ham, cover lightly with foil after first 5 minutes of baking. Cool in pan 1 minute. Gently remove from pan; let stand 3 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese before serving. Serve warm.
- For recipe success, whole paper-thin slices (about 4 inch diameter) of smoked ham (not shaved ham) are needed so slices can be easily formed into the dough-lined cups.