Holiday Spiced Snack Mix
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups sourdough pretzel nuggets
- 2 cups un-blanched or blanched whole almonds
- 1 package (6 oz) sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 bag (12 oz) white chocolate chunks
Sweet and savory flavors come together in a simple-to-make snack mix that feeds a crowd.
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 120), % Daily Value Total Fat 14g 14% (Saturated Fat 5g, 5% Trans Fat 0g 0%), Cholesterol 10mg 10%; Sodium 180mg 180%; Total Carbohydrate 29g 29% (Dietary Fiber 2g 2% Sugars 19g 19%), Protein 4g 4%; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%; Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 300°F. In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, orange peel, vanilla and pepper until well mixed.
- In 15x11-inch roasting pan, mix cereal, pretzels and almonds. Pour butter mixture over cereal; toss until evenly coated.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely, about 45 minutes. Stir in cranberries and chocolate chunks. Store in tightly covered container.