Holiday Sugar Cookie Cups
Too-cute cookie cups are the perfect kid-friendly holiday treat, made easy with the help of Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix and frosting.
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch for drop cookies
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons red, green and white candy sprinkles
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Betty Crocker™ red gel food color
1 Cookie Cup Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 85mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 14g); Protein 0g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 36 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix, softened butter and egg with spoon until soft dough forms. Stir in 1/4 cup candy sprinkles. Shape into 36 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place in mini muffin cups. Press indentation in center of each with end of wooden spoon.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately repeat indentation into center of each cookie with end of clean wooden spoon to make 1-inch opening, cleaning off end with paper towel when needed. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Loosen edges with small knife if needed. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, place half of the frosting. Tint red with food color. Place large piping bag fitted with medium star tip on its side. Using large icing spatula, spoon remaining vanilla frosting so it covers half of the length of side of piping bag. Carefully spoon red tinted frosting on top. Insert tip into indentation in each cookie cup. Squeeze bag to fill opening, and pipe about 2 heaping teaspoons per cookie cup. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons sprinkles. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Have only one mini muffin pan? Refrigerate remaining dough while baking first batch. Cool pan about 10 minutes, then bake rest of dough, adding 1 to 2 minutes to bake time.
- Color and sprinkles can be customized for holidays or different events—use your imagination!