Holiday Tree Brownies
Cut up brownies to create a fun holiday treat. Decorating is child’s play.
- 1 box (1 lb 6.25 oz) Betty Crocker™ Supreme original brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 2 or 3 drops green food color
- 2/3 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 16-oz container)
- Betty Crocker™ Decorating Decors red and green candy sprinkles or miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- Miniature candy canes (2 inch), unwrapped
1 Brownie: Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1½g, Trans Fat ½g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: ½ Starch, 0 Fruit, 2 Other Carbohydrate, 0 Skim Milk, 0 Low-Fat Milk, 0 Milk, 0 Vegetable, 0 Very Lean Meat, 0 Lean Meat, 0 High-Fat Meat, 1½ Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2½
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line 9-inch square pan with foil so foil extends about 2 inches over sides of pan. Grease bottom only of foil with shortening or cooking spray.
- Make brownie mix as directed on box for 9-inch square pan. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from pan by lifting foil; peel foil away. To cut brownie into triangles, cut into 3 rows. Cut each row into 5 triangles (See diagram below in Expert Tips). Save smaller pieces for snacking.
- Stir food color into frosting. Spoon frosting into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with decors.
- Break off curved end of candy cane; insert straight piece into bottoms of triangles to make tree trunks.