“It’s Turkey Time” Cookies
Grab a pouch of sugar cookie mix and gobble, gobble. Making cookies has never been more fun.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- Betty Crocker™ green, red, orange and yellow sugars
- ¾ cup Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting (from 12-oz container)
- M&M's™ minis chocolate candies
- Betty Crocker™ red or orange decorator icing (from 4.25-oz tube) or gel (from 0.68-oz tube)
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g; (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 3 1/2g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 220mg; Potassium 60mg; Total Carbohydrate 64g; (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 43g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 4 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with 3- to 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter to make 18 rounds. Place 9 rounds 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make “turkey feathers,” cut each of remaining rounds into 6 equal wedges. Place 9 wedges 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle remaining 45 wedges with colored sugars as desired. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake wedges 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Spread frosting on round cookies. Place undecorated and decorated wedges on cookies as shown in photo. Add candy-coated candies for eyes; draw feet with icing as shown in photo.
- You can bake and freeze cookies for up to two months.