Key Lime Pie Mini Taco Boats
You don’t need a plane ticket to enjoy to the flavors of the Keys – you just need these yummy Key lime pie boats!
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 10 Old El Paso™ Taco Boats™ mini soft flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar or coarse white sugar
- 1 cup COOL WHIP® frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoons finely grated lime peel
1 Serving: Calories 230; (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 8g; (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g; (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 25g), Protein 4g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 15%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir condensed milk, lime juice and egg yolks with whisk. Cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, beating constantly with whisk, until mixture boils. Boil and continue to beat constantly 1 minute longer. Pour into shallow dish; cool 10 minutes. Press plastic wrap on filling to prevent tough layer from forming on top. Refrigerate about 1 1/2 hours or until completely cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Lightly brush melted butter on all sides of each boat. Sprinkle raw sugar to cover entire boat. Place boats on cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until browned on edges and firm to the touch. Boats will crisp as cooled. Remove to cooling rack to cool.
- Fill each cooled boat with generous 2 tablespoons filling; top with whipped topping, and garnish with graham cracker crumbs and grated lime peel. Serve immediately. Store any remaining boats in refrigerator.